[osgeo4w-dev] setup in svn and improved a bit

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 29 11:58:51 EST 2008

Jason Fournier wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I've downloaded and executed osgeo4w_setup.exe.  I opted to install
> everything in the list.  The installation went smoothly and was intuitive.
> Once complete I opened the OSGeo shell and attempted to run shpproj.exe.  I
> received the following message:
>
> C:\OSGeo4W>shpproj
> The system cannot execute the specified program.
>
> I have verified that OSGeo4W\bin is in my PATH.  If I navigate to the bin
> dir I receive the same message:
>
> C:\OSGeo4W\bin>shpproj
> The system cannot execute the specified program.
>
> Prior to installation I performed a search for MSVCR90.DLL and could not
> find a copy (although I'm not entirely confident about Windows' search
> capabilities).
>
> Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Jay,

Thanks!  It seems like I still have work to do with regard to manifests
and VS8/9.  Could you just do a quick check in your C:\OSGeo4W\bin
directory and check for the MSVCR90.DLL there?  It was supposed to get
installed as part of msvcrt-1.0.0-3.  Perhaps I forgot to regenerate
the setup.ini file.