[osgeo4w-dev] So does this mean the old non-networked versions will die?

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 12:04:33 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am just wondering what this means for the old way of acquiring FWTools et al. I am interested in providing GIS in environments where a network connection is not always a given- such as disaster response, or just places where the phone signal is a bit rubbish (the Welsh Mountains or the Lake District in the UK for example). Will FWTools et al still exist in their current format? Or do I have to figure out how to make OSGeoFW work portably? :-)

All the best

Jo

Joanne Cook
Senior IT Support and Development