[osgeo4w-dev] Trac Component

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Mar 13 13:45:26 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have created a Trac component for OSGeo4W in the main OSGeo Trac at:
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo
>
> So tickets on problems with OSGeo4W can now be filed there.

Since one of the stated goals for OSGeo4W is to eventually become an
official OSGeo project, would it not make more sense to give it its own
Trac instance right away? This would not be a first since a few other
non-OSGeo projects have one. That would make it easier to manage
releases for the time being via Trac's RoadMap, etc and avoid disruption
caused by a switch to a new Trac instance as the project grows.

Just tell me if I should mind my own business.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/