[osgeo4w-dev] Trac Component

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 13 20:00:32 EDT 2008

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I have created a Trac component for OSGeo4W in the main OSGeo Trac at:
>>
>>   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo
>>
>> So tickets on problems with OSGeo4W can now be filed there.
>>

> Since one of the stated goals for OSGeo4W is to eventually become an
> official OSGeo project, would it not make more sense to give it its own
> Trac instance right away? This would not be a first since a few other
> non-OSGeo projects have one. That would make it easier to manage
> releases for the time being via Trac's RoadMap, etc and avoid disruption
> caused by a switch to a new Trac instance as the project grows.
>
> Just tell me if I should mind my own business.

Daniel,

This is a good point, but to be honest I don't feel up to the hassle of
running this past SAC and the board, and then having to setup a new Trac
instance.

I'd add I'm also doing the "Setup" work in the generic OSGeo subversion
respository.

If someone wants to take this action item, then more power to you.  But I'm
also fine with just living within the OSGeo Trac/subversion for the next
few months.  Perhaps a distinct Trac/Subversion could be setup for OSGeo4W
2009 at which point I would hope we would be ready for incubation.