[osgeo4w-dev] [OSGeo] #235: Remove dll and exe version numbers from MapServer and PHPMapscript dev packages

OSGeo trac_osgeo at osgeo.org
Fri Mar 21 14:58:09 EDT 2008

#235: Remove dll and exe version numbers from MapServer and PHPMapscript dev
packages
Reporter:  jmckenna  |       Owner:  osgeo4w-dev at lists.osgeo.org
    Type:  task      |      Status:  new
 The dev packages for mapserver and phpmapscript currently have the
 following files:

 mapserv_51.exe
 php_mapscript_51.dll
 phpinfo_mapscript_51.php
 php_mapscript_51.pkg.html

 I would like to avoid version names in the filenames (we battled that in
 MS4W), so I propose:

 mapserv_dev.exe
 php_mapscript_dev.dll
 phpinfo_mapscript_dev.php