[osgeo4w-dev] GeoServer in OSGeo4W

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 27 16:33:01 EDT 2008

Mike Pumphrey wrote:
> Hello everyone.  My name is Mike Pumphrey and I'm the Outreach Engineer
> for GeoServer at The Open Planning Project.  I'm interested in learning
> about the process of integrating GeoServer with the OSGeo4W project.  I
> am not quite sure which questions to ask at this point, but if someone
> could point me in a direction (or two), that would be very appreciated.

Mike,

I would suggest you read over:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo4W_Packaging

And of course the general information at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo4W

Then I would suggest you install stuff (use advanced, not express)
including uDig.  Then review how udig is setup.  You can download the
udig .tar.bz2 file itself, and review its contents with some care to
see exactly what they provided.  I imagine it will provide a model for
GeoServer.

Presumably (hopefully!) you can use the same Java environment as udig.