[osgeo4w-dev] gdaI-dev: ippj-5.3.dll not found

Klokan Petr Přidal klokan at klokan.cz
Fri Nov 14 12:26:04 EST 2008

Dear OSGeo4W developers,

thank you a lot for your effort on the windows binaries for and the
installer... It is excellent...

I realized on some computers there is a problem with gdal-dev package.
Some testers installed OSGeo4W and gdal-dev according my instructions
at http://help.maptiler.org/betatest. After they run the command
'gdaldev' they receive for any gdal command an error message:

"This application has failed to start because
ippj-5.3.dll was not found, re-installing the application may fix this
problem."

Such error appears in both Windows XP SP2 and Vista on some computers.
On my machines it did not appear.

Probably because it was linked against Intel Integrated Performance Primitives?
Maybe the error appears only on computers with non-Intel processors -
like AMD? I will ask the testers.

There are three people already reporting this error, and they are
willing to test and help with solving this trouble....

More info:
http://groups.google.com/group/maptiler/browse_thread/thread/6bfb0f60c93df151
http://code.google.com/p/maptiler/issues/detail?id=1

Thank you for your answer, should I fill the bug-report in trac for OSGeo4W?

Best regards

Klokan Petr Pridal