[osgeo4w-dev] gdaI-dev: ippj-5.3.dll not found

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 14 12:36:59 EST 2008

Klokan Petr Přidal wrote:
> Dear OSGeo4W developers,
>
> thank you a lot for your effort on the windows binaries for and the
> installer... It is excellent...
>
> I realized on some computers there is a problem with gdal-dev package.
> Some testers installed OSGeo4W and gdal-dev according my instructions
> at http://help.maptiler.org/betatest. After they run the command
> 'gdaldev' they receive for any gdal command an error message:
>
> "This application has failed to start because
> ippj-5.3.dll was not found, re-installing the application may fix this
> problem."

Petr,

Is there any chance these folks might have installed the libjpeg-ipp package?
The intention is that this optional package is the only one that should
depend on having the IPP primatives preinstalled.  The default libjpeg
package should not depend on IPP.

I would suggest you file a ticket on this issue where we can follow up
on the details.

PS. I'm the IPP guy for OSGeo4W purposes.