[osgeo4w-dev] gdal-python packages & gdal_merge

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Oct 10 14:57:24 EDT 2008

 > But in the worst case you would end up having to switch things back
 > and forth depending on your use.
 >
 > I would note that OSGeo4W deliberately does not copy anything to
 > c:\windows\system32 in order to avoid breaking other applications.
 > I only wish other applications were so careful.

One might try removing C:\Windows and C:\Windows\system32 from path
within the osgeo shell. Edit c:\osgeo4w\osgeo4w.bat and delete %PATH%
from the line:
	PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin;%PATH%

When I do that on my computer gdal_merge still works.

Standard programs like xcopy become unavailable though.

cheers,
--
matt wilkie
Geographic Information,