[osgeo4w-dev] EPPL7 problem still exists

Derek Bain beartreeyoga at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 15 09:40:58 EDT 2008

Hi

I installed the gdal-ecw plugin package from the link supplied and followed the instructions, but my problem still exists. I registered NCSEcw.dll ... the other dll's did not need to be registered.

Do you have any other thoughts as to what might be wrong??

many thanks
Derek

C:\OSGeo4W\bin>mapserv -v
MapServer version 5.2.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SWF
 OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS
=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WF
S_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREA
DS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

C:\OSGeo4W\bin>shp2img -m d:\test_maps\ecw.map -o d:\test_maps\test.png -map_debug 5
msDrawRasterLayerLow(Mosaic_0): entering.
drawEPP(): Image handling error. EPPL7 support is not available.
msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image format
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'Mosaic_0'.
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'Mosaic_0'. <br>
msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image format <br>
drawEPP(): Image handling error. EPPL7 support is not available. <br>
msFreeMap(): freeing map at 0127B2E8.