[osgeo4w-dev] OWSLIB... what next

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Aug 4 13:18:49 EDT 2009

> So I succeeded aftera brief batlle with the setup.exe failing to
> recognize the tar.bz2. First as a a valid bz2 and second as a valid tar.
>
> I was using 7zip application under a virtualized windows install.

Yeah the 7z thing is a pain. Unlike your experience, when I used
Gnuwin32's bzip2 it also produced archives which can't be understood by
setup.exe. Ditto for cygwin. I have to use the tar and bzip2 on
osgeo4w's server.  I created ticket for this issue, 101, and added
warning  note to wiki Packaging Instructions.

cheers,

-matt