[osgeo4w-dev] package updates fail to install, no error

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 03:21:00 EST 2009

>I tried the test mode ini file and it upgraded both packages without
>any apparent problem.  I'm surprised you are having problems.

Installing openev from the test ini worked okay at home. I might have messed
up my install at work. Time to remove it all and start from a clean slate I
guess. ;)

>I have taken the liberty of making a few changes in the setup package.

They all look good to me, more sensible than what I had. The trick of copy
the exe to a temp file before running to allow it be upgraded is a good one
-- simple and uncomplicated. I'll use that for apt too.

-matt