[osgeo4w-dev] status of QGIS package

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Jan 9 06:36:52 EST 2009

Hi Jeff,

On Thu, 04. Sep 2008 at 10:31:00 -0400, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Can someone give me the status of QGIS in OSGeo4W?  I don't see it in
> /osgeo4w/release/ on the download server, or on the Trac pages...yet it
> was listed in the initial wiki pages, and I could have sworn that there
> was some progress made on this in the past.

Ouch, sorry.  I missed to add this folder to my .muttrc right after
subscribing in July, when I was working on the OSGeo4W qgis package -
and unfortunatly I wasn't even surprised to see no traffic here.  I
wasn't even sure anymore, if I had subscribed here at all.

Back then I was nearly finished with packaging qgis, but ran into some
problems with the still current GRASS package and postponed further work
until the newer one was ready.  I didn't anticipate that it would take
this long.

Anyway, that's past.  I have now packaged QGIS without the GRASS plugin
for now.  I've uploaded Quantum GIS 1.0, Qt 4.4.3, SIP 4.7.9, PyQt 4.4.4
and GSL 1.12.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden