[osgeo4w-dev] status of QGIS package

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 9 08:13:59 EST 2009

Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Back then I was nearly finished with packaging qgis, but ran into some
> problems with the still current GRASS package and postponed further work
> until the newer one was ready.  I didn't anticipate that it would take
> this long.
>
> Anyway, that's past.  I have now packaged QGIS without the GRASS plugin
> for now.  I've uploaded Quantum GIS 1.0, Qt 4.4.3, SIP 4.7.9, PyQt 4.4.4
> and GSL 1.12.

Jürgen,

This is great news!  I've done a quick test of QGIS and it installs fine.
I am able to view raster data, but adding vector layers via OGR seems
to fail (tried shape and mapinfo files).

Would you be willing to create pages in the OSGeo4W package listing for
each of the new packages.  Particularly I'm keen to see the qt and qt-devel
packages well described so other folks packaging stuff based on Qt will
understand how to use them and any special constraints (compiler version,
etc).

I'd like to add QGIS to the express install package list once the quirk
with the vector layers is resolved.