[osgeo4w-dev] Problems re-installing on WinXP 64

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Jan 14 12:50:18 EST 2009

Hi Ivan,

I use osgeo4w on win64 and have had different versions of gdal installed
at the same time. In my experience so far as long as I start from the
osgeo4w shell everything works, though I've not tried any java. Perhaps
in your uninstall/reinstall the osgeo4w command shell link was not
updated to the new location?

I do have to be careful that there are no gdal/python settings in the
permanent environment pointing to the wrong version. Run "set" with no
parameters from the shell. Settings to watch for cross contamination
include:

   FWTOOLS_ROOT
   GDAL_DATA
   GEOTIFF_CSV