[osgeo4w-dev] package updates fail to install, no error

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Jan 30 20:02:59 EST 2009

Hello,

For tickets #21 (Start Menu localization) and #36 (call o4w_env.bat)
I've updated the following packages and put them online:

   openev: etc/postinstall/openev.bat   #change to %startmenu% syntax

   setup: bin/   #added osgeo-setup_test-ini.bat

My process was to open each package, delve into the 'bin' and 'etc'
folders, examine *.bat, and update if necessary.

I skipped the gdal, grass, qgis packages and subpackages as all of those
seem to be under active change at the moment and I believe the
maintainers to be aware of this thread. I also skipped any packages
ending in "-devel".

I stopped at the testing phase (osgeo4w-setup.exe -t
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/setup_test.ini) because the updated
packages don't seem to install properly. Going to Advanced Install the
previous version is selected instead (1.9.0-3 in the case of openev).
Clicking on the version number column I can get it to increase to
1.9.0-4, but pressing Next after that fails. There is no error message,
it says it is complete, but the apps/openev tree is empty.

Can anyone see what I did wrong?

thanks

--
matt wilkie