[osgeo4w-dev] Re: [Qgis-developer] cannot build qgis with python inside osgeo4w: python isn't detected

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Mar 30 06:00:09 EDT 2009

Hi Giovanni,

On Mon, 30. Mar 2009 at 11:36:47 +0200, G. Allegri wrote:
> 1 -  It misses the important part for me: grass! I've recompiled grass
> from trunk and created the .lib files with dumplib, etc. Now they're
> located under OSGeo4W/apps/grass/grass-6.5.svn/lib, but thet're named
> with 'lib' prefix (i.e. libgrass_arraystats.dll), while the libs
> provided with OSGeo4W don't have it (grass_arraystats.dll). Why?

Because I used to compile the GRASS with Visual C++ - before I fixed
some malloc()/free() problems that cause the original mingw build libs
to crash, when called from VC code.

The grass-vc package containing the "misnamed" libraries is not needed
anymore.  There's only the package grass-devel-vc left, that has the lib
files for VC.  But those reference the mingw built DLLs.  In your case
also unnecessary as you roll your own GRASS build.

> 2 - nmake install exits with error because it can't locate
> win_build/vcdeps files. I see thy're set in cmale_install.cmake...
> What is that folder?! Where CMAKE_INSTALL_COMPONENT should have been
> set?

That folder is meant to carry all external dependencies that need to be
installed with QGIS (like Qt, GDAL, PROJ, GRASS and so on).  If you have
everything in place there, you can build an NSIS installer using the
PACKAGE target out of the box (although the vcredist package still needs
to be installed).   If you don't you can just create an empty folder or
remove the reference to vcdeps from the CMakeLists.txt.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden