[osgeo4w-dev] Convert Arcinfo binary coverages using the ogr_csharp.dll

Gerry James gerryjames at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 27 23:01:54 EDT 2009

I am trying to embed a utility in a VB.NET application that will convert an
ArcInfo coverage (not e00) to a shapefile.  I was able to import the ogr and
osr dlls to the project and can convert other file formats quite easily but
not these AI coverages.  It apparently won't even open the data set with
Ogr.Open([coveragename], 0).  I have tried using each of the .adf files as
coverage names as well as the parent directory (as should be the case) and
still it won't open the dataset.

Can someone point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks

Gerry