[osgeo4w-dev] GDAL Python Scripts on Windows 7?

Jeff Ruby jgr007 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 14:01:45 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to replicate FWTools capabilities using OSGeo.  I'm running
on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.  A couple of questions:

1.  I'm trying to run the GDAL python scripts I get a dialog box with
the following error:  "The ordinal 284 could not be located in the
dynamic link library SSLEAY32.dll"

2.  Is there anyway to get the python scripts working with GDAL 1.7
without having to do a lot of manual copying and moving of files?  I
see GDAL-python and GDAL16-python libs but nothing for GDAL 1.7.

Thanks,
-Jeff