[osgeo4w-dev] New tutorial package

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Aug 20 20:18:24 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Some might be interested that there is a new package available for
OSGe4W, the "MapServer Tutorial for OSGeo4W", available in the
"Web_Applications" section of the advanced installer.  I think this is a
good tutorial, as it touches on mapfiles, MapServer CGI, WMS,
OpenLayers, and QGIS-mapfile-export (and contains working demos of each).
I'd like to thank the OSGeo-Japan community for this contribution
(specifically those at Osaka City University, Tezukayamagakuin
University, and Applied Technology Co.).  The tutorial was based on a
2004 version created by the same group, and also Orkney from Japan.  I
should also thank Orkney for providing all of the sample data used in
the tutorial.

If you don't want to try the online tutorial, you can view the tutorial
pdf (which is also linked on the osgeo4w wiki):
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/mapserver-tutorial/mapserver-with-osgeo4w-users-guide.pdf

thanks.

-jeff

--