[osgeo4w-dev] Packaging instructions - questions

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Feb 9 11:53:26 EST 2010

> I'm not exactly sure what should be happening when I run this according
> to the wiki instructions:
> http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/osgeo-setup_test-ini.bat
Yes you're right, it needs to be saved to disk and run from there. I see
the instructions jump back and forth between something done on the
server and doing something locally without saying so. I've added a bit
to help clarify that.

> I have updated the instructions with this version note
> (http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions).
Thanks for figuring that out Jeff. I ran into the same issue with shell
.0-3 and .0-4 but didn't get to the bottom of it. It fixed itself
without intervention though. I don't know how or why, perhaps because I
didn't remember I'd done so and ran osgeo4w-promote.sh twice(?).

-matt