[osgeo4w-dev] Packaging instructions - questions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 9 10:26:50 EST 2010

Jeff McKenna wrote:
>>> - I see that the setup.ini regeneration process has been changed to
>>> running Web scripts, instead of tunneling to the server. Cool.
>>> However I'm not exactly sure what should be happening when I run this
>>> according to the wiki instructions:
>>> http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/osgeo-setup_test-ini.bat (I only
>>> see the contents of that file displayed in the browser)  I assumed I
>>> should run something locally like 'setup.exe -t
>>> http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/setup_test.ini', not on
>>> download.osgeo.org (please correct me, and I can update the wiki
>>> instructions if need be)

Jeff,

You should be able to run "setup -t" to use the setup_testing.ini file
from download.osgeo.org.  When you are satisfied with it, do the
"Promote" link on the web to move it to production.

> I have updated the instructions with this version note
> (http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions).

Looks good.  Just remember it needs to be updated each release
until the automatic versioning starts working properly.

Stuff like this is why I'd like to go to gdal 2.0 before I get to
gdal 1.10.