[osgeo4w-dev] Use and share OSGeo4W

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Feb 15 04:35:45 EST 2010

Yves Jacolin wrote:

> Furthermore, I read that Jeff worked in a Japanase translation few month ago, I
> would like to translate into french the most part of the installer: installer
> app., documentation, FAQ, ...
>
> How can I do it? Where can I find the files to translate?

Hello Yves,

Together with the Japan team (Applied Technology Co., and Osaka City
University) we're happy to let you know that we have translated the
installer to Japanese - changes are committed and the new
osgeo4w-setup.exe will be published shortly.  We have also recorded our
steps in the wiki, which should help you get started on your
translation: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/InstallerTranslation

(note that wiki page also includes some translation issues that we have
discovered)

We are still working on the installer but I hope this gets you going in
the right direction.

-jeff