[osgeo4w-dev] Wrong Apache port number in doc

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Feb 22 01:54:50 EST 2010

Hello Yves, comments below:

Yves Jacolin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I changed this line in the main page [1]
>> Web applications will be available at http://localhost:8080/
>> Web applications will be available at http://localhost/
>
> as apache works on the 80 default port.

good catch.  I've also made this change in the Japanese wiki page.

> Furthermore, for my installaion I have to choose "Apache install" in the menu
> before to run "Apache start". Is it the right way to use Apache? If so I think
> it needs some documentation somewhere ;)
>
> [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/WikiStart

We've made some changes recently so that the installer now installs and
starts the Apache service, but this will only work on Windows7 and
beyond.  Until then yes you are right...I'll document the steps in the
wiki now.

Thanks for your feedback.

-jeff

--