[osgeo4w-dev] Express Install : 1 Go

Yves Jacolin yves.jacolin at camptocamp.com
Mon Feb 22 11:34:23 EST 2010

Hi,

I tried the Express Install this afternoon. I think 'Express'  is not a good
name for this ;) "Easy" would be better as the express install is quiet long
and take a lot of space. I know that it is not easy to choose package ...

The problem is when space is not enough, I had some problem as the install
process didn't seems to finish correctly, even if OSGeo4w installer didn't say
anything. However some conf file always have @osgeo4w@ variable!

Anyway, some question: is it possible to preselect in any way some packages
which will be installed in the Express way?

Does the Advanced way is supposed to install dependancies? For exemple, if I
check ms_mapserver_ogc (this is not the exactly right name), does apache,
mapserver, etc. will be installed? It seems not :/

I would like to allow user to install application easily without take care of
dependancy neither to get 1Go used with all packages.

Finally, why postgresql/postgis is not available. in OSGeo4W? Licence issue?

Thanks,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin