[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W Governance

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Feb 24 12:06:39 EST 2010

 > What repetition is involved?  I have specifically avoided embedding
 > information in the trac wiki pages that would duplicate the setup.ini
 > settings such as what the latest version is, or what the dependencies
 > are.

I've taken to manually adding the version numbers etc. to the wiki pages
because it lets people learn about the package without having to install
or inspect setup.ini. This is partly because my packages, unlike most of
the others in o4w, don't have their own home page elsewhere on the net
with this info. So perhaps this is a special case and doesn't warrant a
system wide policy or helper scripts.

cheers,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst