[osgeo4w-dev] Use of 'Commits" mailing list

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 10 10:25:27 EST 2010

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> FYI devs,
>
> As an administrator of the osgeo4w-commits mailing list
> (http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/admin/osgeo4w-commits) I get an email
> "notification being held" notice every time someone makes a commit
> (because they are never a member of this list, apparently).  I've gone
> ahead and changed the following setting to "No":
>
> "Should the list moderators get immediate notice of new requests, as
> well as daily notices about collected ones?"
>
> Frank: let me know if this is a problem.

Jeff,

With your change no commits will go to the list.

The emails all come from svn_osgeo4w at osgeo.org, not the committers.  I
have added this address to the list of accepted senders so hopefully things
will go straight through.

I personally see no need for this list, but apparently someone requested
and created it.