[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W.bat does not set gdal plugins directory into path

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Dec 16 16:24:05 EST 2011

Hi,

I was using the OSGeo4W web installer utility. I selected the Advanced install option, and checked only
- gdal from the command line utilities (version 1.8.1-1)
- gdal-oracle from the libs (version 1.8.0-1)

The result I got now with Windows Vista is different from the one yesterday with XP. Now the ogr_OCI.dll file is in C:\OSGeo4w\bin\gdalplugins\1.8 and ogrinfo is listing OCI as a supported format without touching paths. I am interested in vector support but obviously the same driver is used for Oracle rasters too.

I will repeat the test next week with that XP.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

________________________________
Matt Wilkie wrote:

> Hi Jukka,

> I attempted to replicate this by:

> 0. running `gdalinfo --formtats |grep oracle` (nothing reported)
1. installing gdal-oracle package (using apt)
2. running `gdalinfo --formtats |grep oracle` again, in the same shell session, with result:

   C:\>gdalinfo --formats |grep -i oracle
     GeoRaster (rw+): Oracle Spatial GeoRaster

Investigation of the file system revealed that the oci plugin is at "%osgeo4w_root%\bin\gdalplugins\1.8\ogr_OCI.dll" instead of the "%osgeo4w_root%\bin\gdalplugins" you report.

My PATH does not contain either of these plugin directories and GDAL_DRIVER_PATH is not set. I have the following gdal packages installed:

gdal                1.8.1-1
gdal-oracle         1.8.0-1
gdal-python         1.8.0-2
gdal15dll           1.5.4-1

I repeated the test sequence in a newly installed osgeo4w environment, though same machine, and got the same results. The host system is Win7-Pro, 64bit.

cheers,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology
Yukon Department of Environment
867-667-8133 Tel * 867-393-7003 Fax

On 14/12/2011 12:20 AM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
Hi,

I made a new OSGeo4W installation with GDAL Oracle OCI driver. However, Oracle OCI was not listed as supported formats after installation. I could made it available by adding the plugin directory into path by giving SET PATH=D:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins;%PATH%.  I suppose that setting GDAL_DRIVER_PATH might work too.

-Jukka Rahkonen-