[osgeo4w-dev] trigger index build + java

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 11:23:27 EST 2011

Hi Frank,

> To regenerate the package file you can visit:
>
>  http://upload.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/osgeo4w-regen dot sh
>
> This will create the test version of the package file and then you
> can test with the test version of setup.exe.  When you are
> comfortable with the result you can follow the link (offered
> after running osgeo4w-regen.sh) to "promote" it into production.
>
> This is discussed in the setup.ini part near the bottom of:
>
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions#Setup.ini

Ok, I should have noticed. Thank you.
That test possibility is great.

>> Another thing I wanted to ask to the java based packagers (mostly
>> geotools depending): has someone ever updated the java version to
>> contain the native libs for gdal bindings and ecw? It seems to me not
>> and I would upgrade that also.
>>

> There is a gdal-java package for the GDAL Java bindings at:
>
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal-java
>
> There is also an ECW plugin for GDAL at:
>
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal-ecw
>
> Do those provide what you had in mind?

Unfortunately not, because the current version of imageio-ext libs,
that handle the gdal and ecw bindings is far behind on the gdal
version. So we will not be able to exploit the installed gdal
packages. Until tat is not solved, I keep the needed native libs
inside the java installation, in order to be exploited also by the
geoserver installation (even if I never heard back from them).

Thanks, regards,
Andrea