[osgeo4w-dev] optional dependencies

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 11 11:09:48 EST 2011

On 11-03-11 10:54 AM, andrea antonello wrote:
> [...]
>> Ah, I didn't understand that it had to be placed within one
>> of their trees or required updates to the udig trees.
>
> Oh man, sorry, I never told. BeeGIS is really only a set of plugins
> for uDig. It kind of pollutes uDig once installed.

Andrea,

Ah, gotcha.

> One dummy question related to this. How is upgrading uninstalling
> preformed? Is the exact list of files removed or is the attempt
> instead that to overwrite? I am a bit afraid of how uninstall of
> BeeGIS would go. But I assume it removes the files and that is all?

The installer maintains a list of original files installed and removes
them all.  It does not have any mechanism to remove files added later.

If someone upgrades udig it should remove all the original udig files
and then put the new files into place.  I imagine this would leave
the beegis plugin unaltered - which I think is a good thing.