[osgeo4w-dev] python modules

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Fri May 20 08:48:43 EDT 2011

Thanks for your replies.

I did look at setuptools (easy_install) but it will not install unless
python is in your windows registry as the system default python.  I will
probably add the OSGeo4W python as my system default once it moves to 2.7.
I may have to do it now anyway.  I haven't tried pip yet.

FYI...  For the module pygments (required by a QGIS plugin), running "python
setup.py install" did not work.  The error "can't open file setup.py" is
returned, which makes some sense since that file does not exist.

- John