[osgeo4w-dev] python - vs 2003

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:02:25 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to build new wxpython package for osgeo4w. In osgeo4w shell I run

python setup.py build

which end up with

running build_ext
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

I have installed VS 2008 Express, unfortunately I didn't find VS 2003
Express available for free download. Any pointers for lost GNU/Linux
user?

Thanks in advance, Martin