[osgeo4w-dev] Dependencies for gdal not installed on 64-bit machines

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Sep 21 14:08:39 EDT 2011

I don't know about a graph, but to build it manually look at setup.ini
(http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/setup.ini) and:

1. search for "@ gdal"
2. note contents of "requires:" line

     requires: msvcrt libtiff libjpeg libgeotiff proj hdf5 curl
	geos libmysql sqlite3 netcdf libpq expat xerces-c-vc9
	hdf4 ogdi gdal15dll

3.  repeat loop through each package in the requires list. So far
example "@ libtiff" needs "libjpeg zlib msvcrt libjpeg12", 2 of which
are not mentioned in gdal requires.

-----

I wouldn't do it that way though! Use apt to speed things up:

     apt requires gdal
     apt requires libtiff
     ...etc.

Or, all in one line:

     for /f %a in ('apt requires gdal') do @apt requires %a>>  gdal-requires-list.txt

Sorting and removing dupes is left as an exercise for the reader.
Double the percents to use in a batch file, e.g. %%a.

cheers,

-matt