[osgeo4w-dev] Dependencies for gdal not installed on 64-bit machines

Charles Karney charles.karney at sri.com
Wed Sep 21 14:17:22 EDT 2011

Dear Matt,

Well, most importantly, apt installs the needed dependencies for gdal so
my 64-bit problem went away (touch wood!).  Also, apt will be useful in
scripting automated installations on several machines.

P.S. I presume there's a corresponding scripted procedure for cygwin
installation?  Do you happen to know where the corresponding
"AptFromScratch" documentation resides?

Many thanks!

   --Charles