[osgeo4w-dev] arcSDE - What do I need to fetch from the arcinfo CDs and where does it go?

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Aug 29 12:31:42 PDT 2012

Hi Phil,

It's been a long time, but I believe all I did last time I needed this
was to copy sde*.dll from the Arcgis bin directory into PATH and then
run ogr2ogr or gdal_translate, get the next DLL name from the error
message and repeat until it worked. In memory I think is worked out to:

/"Necessary components for 9.1 are pe91.dll, sde91.dll and sg91.dll.
Necessary components for 9.2 are pe.dll, sde.dll and sg.dll."/   -- from
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoArcSDE92Notes

cheers,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst