[osgeo4w-dev] msvcrt v1.0.1-6: please test!

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:19:48 EST 2012

Hi Frank,

I hope you don't mind,  I created msvcrt-1.0.1-6.tar.bz2, which consists of:

(a) An updated o4w_env.bat so that it is portable, meaning OSGEO4W_ROOT is
no longer hardcoded and is calculated at runtime.

It uses `pushd` instead of the old variable substring syntax which makes it
easier to understand and also adds the ability to run from a UNC path
(\\server\share\osgeo4w). Pushd will map a drive letter automatically if
none exists for the parent path.

(b) removed textreplace step of install because (a) means there's nothing to
replace.

I've not promoted it to current because `osgeo-setup.exe -t
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/setup_test.ini` gives me an error:

In-use files detected
Unable to extract /bin/ -- the file is in use.

Please stop all Cygwin processes and select "Retry", or

select "Continue" to go on anyway (you will need to reboot).
Retry   Cancel