[osgeo4w-dev] Upgrading python to 2.7, continuing story of

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:22:12 EST 2012

Hi,

2012/1/4 Matt Wilkie <matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca>:
>> BTW, py27 will be introduced in testing version [1] first and later
>> moved to stable, or there is another plan?
>

> Yup, that's pretty much the plan. When 2.7 wxpython is packaged we'll put it

if there is only one blocker (wxpython) - please go ahead. AFAIU, py27
in osgeo4w is not self-compiled but "standard" then we could probably
use wxpython package from wxpython.org (I need to do some testing).

> in the testing repository, (python 2.7 is there already) and ask people to

I cannot see python 2.7 package in testing framework [1], where it is?

Martin

[1] http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/setup_test.ini