[osgeo4w-dev] [osgeo4w] #305: sqlite/spatialite: "sqlite3-rtree-geometry-callback" not found in the dll "sqlite3.dll"

OSGeo4W trac_osgeo4w at osgeo.org
Sat Oct 27 14:17:56 PDT 2012

#305: sqlite/spatialite: "sqlite3-rtree-geometry-callback" not found in the dll
"sqlite3.dll"
Reporter:  hellik    |       Owner:  brushtyler
    Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Version:  1.0       |    Keywords:  sqlite,spatialite

Comment(by brushtyler):

 Replying to [comment:17 hellik]:
 > Replying to [comment:16 brushtyler]:
 > > Why that sqlite3.dll is duplicated???
 > >
 > > It works just removing the C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\DLLs\sqlite3.dll.
 >
 > (1) C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\DLLs\sqlite3.dll => python (osgeo4w-python
 is based on http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.2/python-2.7.2.msi) ships
 sqlite as its own database-engine

 but since we are putting that python within OSGeo4w it's probably better
 to remove the sqlite3.dll shipped with python2.7 and set the osgeo4w-
 sqlite3 package required from the osgeo4w-python one.

 > in windows if e.g. python is called, it searches first for dll's in its
 own (sub)folders, before subsequently in folders belonging to %PATH% ... a
 little bit of windows-dll-hell...

 We are trying to avoid the windows-dll-hell, so I'm wondering if there is
 a good reason to keep that sqlite3.dll within the Python27\DLLs folder and
 not just use the other one.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/305#comment:20>
OSGeo4W <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w>