[osgeo4w-dev] grid statistiscs by polygon using OsGeo4W

Siebe Bosch siebe at hydroconsult.nl
Thu Apr 4 00:41:07 PDT 2013

Dear list,

Not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question, but I've
been busy for quite some time trying to figure out the following:

  * I have a large number of NetCDF-files (one file for each day and
    each file containing 24 data bands = hours)
  * I have a shapefile with polygons

Now for each polygon in the shapefile I need to create a time series
with values from NetCDF.
This means that for every timestep I will have to extract the average
value from the NetCDF within each polygon.

 1. Is there a way I can do this from the command line or a DLL using
    OSGEO4W?
 2. How fast is the routine? I will have to process e.g. 365 * 10
    netCDF-files

Thanks in advance for your response.

Kind regards,
Siebe Bosch