[osgeo4w-dev] Steps Forward for OSGeo4W

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 23:49:11 PDT 2013

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the opening, which covers exactly my preferences too. The most
difficult thing will be to establish a working buildsystem which will
satisfy all the requirements of the individual projects. I think - however
- we will work out an RFC document about this, which can collect all the
technical information that should be taken into account. We'd also require
organize the licensing terms of the individual projects at a central
repository of licenses (containing the copies or at least the links to the
original licenses), should also provide some guidance about the
restrictions when using the specific projects in a particular deployment.

Both 32 bit and 64 bit support should be established, but we should enforce
these packages won't be mixed in a single installation. Probably a separate
installer would be sufficient which use a different repository of the
packages.

Best regards,

Tamas