[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W numpy upgrade

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 06:57:16 PDT 2013

On Apr 16, 2013, at 2:57 PM, Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
>> Are there great breakage risks of doing this, and if so, how would we test?
>
> Not sure.  The tests in numpy require `nose`, which we didn't and apparently
> still don't have.
>
> Dependants are gdal-python, GRASS, matplotlib and pyqwt5-qt4.  matplotlib in
> turn is used by GRASS and QGIS and pyqwt5-qt4 just by QGIS.  For QGIS the
> dependencies are just there to support plugins.

I want to provide a PDAL http://pointcloud.org OSGeo4W build, and this would require compiling against the numpy headers because PDAL embeds Python/numpy in-process. Do any of these other packages happen to embed numpy in this way? If not, I suspect the breakage risk shouldn't be so terrible, but anyone who compiles/embeds numpy into their process is probably going to have a problem.

I will put together a testing package and notify the list once it is up.

Thanks,

Howard