[osgeo4w-dev] ANN: Python 2.7.4

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Apr 22 14:03:43 PDT 2013

> Thanks for the testing and report Helmut.

de nada

>The tests listed in http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/305#comment:41
pass on  my test install, without >doing anything to the shipped with python
sqlite3.dll.

I've put the test there to check if all is working AFTER deleting the dll in
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\DLLs.

>(Though I admit to not understanding a lot in that ticket.)

it's the so called dll hell ... in windows if there are more than one of the
same dll (but maybe compiled in a different way, as in osgeo4w) in different
folders but all of them in %PATH%, there is a version conflict... the dll
hell ;o)

so a software started by a python script (like winGRASS 7) searches for libs
first in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27 and afterwards in all other folders in
%PATH% ... and may/may not conflict ...

>In any case I've stripped sqlite3.dll from %pythonhome%\DLLs and uploaded
python-core-2.7.4-2.tar.bz2 >to keep things going for now.

thanks

-----
best regards
Helmut