[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W Weekly report #8

Lord Flaubert Steve Ataucuri Cruz lord.ataucuri at ucsp.edu.pe
Sat Aug 10 16:43:19 PDT 2013

Hi All

Sorry for delay.

1) What do I have completed this week?

 This week, I have been doing some tests and I decided to build the osgeo4w
setup in another clean machine with windows seven. But the oficial cygwin
setup.exe has changed and they are released setup-86.exe for 32bit  and
setup-x86_64.exe for 64bit installations, and I noticed that they have some
unresolved  dependencies  with i686-pc-mingw32-gcc-g++ 32bit compiler. So I
couldn't build the setup.exe with the last compiler i686-pc-mingw32-gcc-g++
4.7.3(in their repositories) , I was building all time with
i686-pc-mingw32-gcc-g++ 4.5.2-1 version without problems(in another virtual
machine) but when I used the version 4.7.3, I got some errors about "
-Werror=unused-but-set-variable".

Before to change code, first I changed to previous version of mingw-gcc-g++
and I found that i686-pc-mingw32-gcc-g++ (4.5.2-1) could not start
cc1plus.exe because it could not find some shared object files. Cygwin
Setup-32.exe should have considered all the dependencies but maybe I've got
a bug or a missing one somewhere (I think Cygwin people have forgotten some
dependencies of its setup.ini file).  However I tried to install all
dependencies for the 4.5.2-1 version of mingw-gcc-g++.exe and its
dependencies like runtime and libs, but I still got errors.

I spoke with my mentor about it and We decided to work with the last
compiler and resolve the "unused variables" Nevertheless I have worked on
migration to last version of mingw-gcc-g++ compiler, adding log messages to
setup, modified bootstrap script, Makefiles and others.

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

I am going to continue working with the support of mingw-gcc-g++ and
resolve some errors in main.cc file.

3) Is there any blocking issue?

Yes I got "segmentation fault"  in main.cc file (109-118 lines) that I
couldnt' fixed yet. My mentor helped but if someone could give me other
suggestions they are welcome.

you can see all work at http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/timeline

Best Regards

Steve