[osgeo4w-dev] Python in OSGeo4W

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 05:02:23 PST 2013

Hello list

I am not a Windows user, but the few times I have been using OSGeo4W
it was working like a charm, so the following problems sounds strange
to me.
A colleague of mine is trying to install it on his Windows 7 64 bit
box, and for some reason the installer does not install Python and all
the Python stuff at all (Python GDAL bindings and so on).
Not sure if this could be related: on this system there is already
another Python (2.7) that was installed together with the ArcPy ArcGIS
Desktop library, but it is not set on PATH.

Any hints of what it could be?
thanks in advance

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer