[osgeo4w-dev] upgrading libspatialite

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Jul 5 08:10:54 PDT 2013

Hi Sandro,

On Fri, 05. Jul 2013 at 11:37:42 +0200, a.furieri at lqt.it wrote:
> A) libspatialite itself
> B) freexl
> C) libsqlite3

Am I right, that we already agreed that you take over these packages from
Giovanni Sucameli (brushtyler)

AFAICT GDAL (1.9.2) is currently not depending on freexl.

> D) libxml2

reverse depends of libxml2:
mapnik
mapserver
mapserver56
mapserver6
pdal
tinyows

mapnik, mapserver and mapserver56 are outdated anyway and can probably be
ignored and marked obsolete, I suppose.

reverse depends of spatialite:
gdal
qgis, qgis-common, qgis-dev
pyspatialite

So we need a libxml2 update and a rebuild of mapserver6, pdal and tinyows after
that, before being able to upgrade spatialite.

That in turn requires rebuild of GDAL, QGIS and pyspatialite.

GDAL should probably be updated to 1.10 (with freexl support) in the process
(lots of rdepends there).

How do we coordinate something like that?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden