[osgeo4w-dev] upgrading libspatialite

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 10:54:58 PDT 2013

Hi,

>reverse depends of libxml2:
>mapnik
>mapserver
>mapserver56
>mapserver6
>pdal
>tinyows
>
>mapnik, mapserver and mapserver56 are outdated anyway and can probably be
>ignored and marked obsolete, I suppose.

The TinyOWS available in the osgeo4w.
Is surely old.
It is a 1.0.0rc4.
Apparently it seem quite similar to the last version released

>WFS-T: TinyOWS 1.1 TinyOWS is a lightweight and fast implementation of the
OGC WFS-T specification.

But instead the 1.0.0rc4 has some incompatibility with wfs 1.1.0 that
discourage to use it.

So I guess is surely better to update it to the last released or dismiss it.
The use of the 1.0.0rc4 let the user to think that tinyows is a poor and
bugged software.

2013/7/5 Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de>

> Hi Sandro,
>
> On Fri, 05. Jul 2013 at 11:37:42 +0200, a.furieri at lqt.it wrote:
> > A) libspatialite itself
> > B) freexl
> > C) libsqlite3
>
> Am I right, that we already agreed that you take over these packages from
> Giovanni Sucameli (brushtyler)
>
> AFAICT GDAL (1.9.2) is currently not depending on freexl.
>
> > D) libxml2
>
> reverse depends of libxml2:
> mapnik
> mapserver
> mapserver56
> mapserver6
> pdal
> tinyows
>
> mapnik, mapserver and mapserver56 are outdated anyway and can probably be
> ignored and marked obsolete, I suppose.
>
> reverse depends of spatialite:
> gdal
> qgis, qgis-common, qgis-dev
> pyspatialite
>
> So we need a libxml2 update and a rebuild of mapserver6, pdal and tinyows
> after
> that, before being able to upgrade spatialite.
>
> That in turn requires rebuild of GDAL, QGIS and pyspatialite.
>
> GDAL should probably be updated to 1.10 (with freexl support) in the
> process
> (lots of rdepends there).
>
> How do we coordinate something like that?
>

> Jürgen
>
> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
>
> --
> norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

Andrea Peri
qwerty àèìòù