[osgeo4w-dev] Updating package dependencies

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Mon Jul 8 02:26:00 PDT 2013

Hi all,

After deploying a new version of a package, I realized I missed to
update the dependencies.
I need one more dependency in the setup.hint, otherwise users get usual
"missing dll" pop-up.

I don't know how to do that.

I did :
- simply update the setup.hint : nothing changes in the installer, the
new dependency is not automatically checked when doing Reinstall nor
Remove/Install again
- run the osgeo4w-regen.sh : blank page appear, and same result
- copy/paste the current package tar.bz2 and just change the package
version : osgeo4w-regen.sh still outputs a blank page (I imagine it
catches that the md5 is the same and don't consider the new package).
Same result about the new dependency.

Is there a way to do that ?
Or should I simply wait for another package to be updated, so that the
setup.ini is regenerated from scratch ?

Thanks,
Julien