[osgeo4w-dev] Account creation to upload new packages

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Jul 23 09:23:02 PDT 2013

Hi Mickaël,

Someone else (Frank?) will have to handle the account creation.

WRT to the uploading process see the *Setup.ini* section of
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions#Setup.ini

Oh. I see it doesn't talk about the actual uploading. Here's what
happens just before that:

1. sftp://download.osgeo.org using your new credentials (I like WinSCP
for Windows).

2. Upload your package to `/osgeo/download/osgeo4w/release/....`

3. ...and this is where the Setup.ini section takes over

Packagers can ignore the other directories and the contents of the root
folder, `/osgeo/download/osgeo4w`.

cheers,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst