[osgeo4w-dev] mapscript.py problem for qgis-dev

Gino Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 10:43:42 PDT 2013

Hi, I'm Luigi Pirelli working for Faunalia.it (luigi.pirelli at faunalia.it)

execution a qgis-dev python plugin, I can't load mapscript.py module
due to lack fo DLLs. The problem is knows since 5 years:
   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/26
so, I think that a problem related to an old win version...

Please let me know if there is a solution. Here is the log ot the tests I did:

Changed 51 minutes ago by luigi.pirelli@…

First test with a clean QGIS master and mapscript OSGeo4W on a WinXP
Pro SP3 virtual machine.
Mapscript is mapscript-dev-python (5.2b3-1) installed in:

C:\OSGeo4W\apps\mapserver-dev\mapscript-python

Running plugin generate this error:

File "C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-dev/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 454, in _import
mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
ImportError?: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Running Dependency Walker on _mapscript.pyd show the need of these packages:

LIBMAP_DEV.DLL and PYTHON25.DLL

it's a OSGeo4W installer bug?
__________________________
comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 2Changed 15 minutes ago by luigi.pirelli@…

the same happend installing:

mapscript-python (5.0.2-1)

that is installed in: C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python25\lib\site-packages

Running Dependency Walker results the same missing libraries
__________________________
comment:4Changed 0 seconds ago by luigi.pirelli@…

TEST on: http://home.gdal.org/tmp/mapscript-python-6.2.1-2.tar.bz2

after cleaning of all mapscript available in C:\OSGeo4W I uncompressed
it (so installed mapscritp.py in
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\python27\lib\site-packages)

but obtained another error:

File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\mapscript.py", line 23, in

swig_import_helper
return _mod UnboundLocalError?: local variable '_mod' referenced
before assignment

so... no mapscript available seems to work with qgis-dev