[osgeo4w-dev] mapscript python, mapserver-dev

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 28 08:21:45 PDT 2013

Folks,

I have rebuilt the mapscript-python package to built based on mapserver6
instead of mapserver and it should be working now.

I have also completely removed the mapserver-dev package which was
stlll a prerelease version of mapserver 5.2.

I'd also like to see a path forward to getting rid of the mapserver and
mapserver56 package at some point and somehow making the mapserver
package just reference the mapserver6 package.  Does anyone have
thoughts on how disruptive that might be for MapServer from OSGeo4W
users?

warmerdam at pobox.com